Non-alcoholic beverages to keep warm this winter
- Jan 10 , 2017 8
Many people may have recommended you to try brandy in order to keep warm during winters. However, in case you are averse to trying alcohol, you are in luck- there are non-alcoholic beverages to beat the cold too.
Try out any of the following drinks this winter and you will surely not be disappointed:
- Grape fruit honey ginger soda- This recipe can be prepared with the help of carbonated water. It has a combination of bittersweet flavour from grapefruit zest and spiciness due to fresh ginger.
- Recipe- Combine zest of one red or pink grapefruit, 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice, 3/4th cup honey and ¼ cup chopped ginger into a saucepan. Boil over medium heat for 2 minutes, and stir continuously for the honey to dissolve. After removing from heat, allow it to cool. Strain the syrup into a clean container. Serve 2 tablespoons of this in a glass, and top it up with carbonated water.
- Tea- Plain and simple tea does a great job of keeping any individual warm in this chilly winter. Whether it is 17000 feet in Ladakh or sea level in New Delhi, you will see chai being consumed everywhere. It is one of the simplest hot beverages to prepare throughout the year, and more so during winter.
- Recipe- To the regular tea, add a few cardamom and a couple of cinnamon sticks. Let the tea boil with these ingredients for relief to the throat’s inner lining. You may also have Masala tea, which can be made from masala tea bags.
- Hot chocolate- Hot chocolate powder or cocoa powder is easily available in the market. Stir it into boiled milk, along with sugar to create the perfect concoction called as hot chocolate. In case you want to add some extra richness, put in some cream. If you can add peanut butter, there is nothing better than peanut butter hot chocolate.
- Minty hot cocoa float- There can be nothing more delicious than hot chocolate laden with ice cream. Hot chocolate can be prepared first, to which you can add mint chip ice cream. In case you don’t really fancy mint, a good option is to add peanut butter ice cream.
- Cinnamon and cranberry punch- In case you are looking for a light drink this winter, then consider the cinnamon and cranberry punch. For this, ingredients required are fresh apple juice, lime, orange juice and fresh cranberries. Combine all the ingredients together to make the punch. You could add sugar for sweetness.