It's embarrassing to have whiff feet and sweaty palm
- Jan 09 , 2017 1
The medical term which is used for smelly feet is bromodosis and about 30-40 per cent of the people suffer from this embarrassing problem.
Sweat glands keep the skin moist and regulate the temperature according to the weather while you are exercising. It is not necessary that sweat glands excrete at the time of physical movement of the body only, even when your body is at rest they excrete and produces sweat.
We naturally have bacteria on our body and when there is no place for sweat to evaporate they still survive on our body and produce a foul smell when you wear socks and shoes you may have smelly feet.
Smelly feet and sweaty palm are so embarrassing at times that you ignore situations where you have to remove shoes or shake hands with someone.
Getting rid of smelly feet and sweaty palms can be a daunting task but not an impossible task: Here are a few tips which can help you:
- Feet and hands should always be clean - Make sure you clean every nook and corner of the feet and hand especially fingers and nails because that is the place where bacteria grow.
- Wear dry socks - Make sure that your sock or shoes are not wet or sweaty as bacteria grow in moist areas. Wear shoes which provide airflow so that moisture does not retain, like leather, canvas.
- Pick right socks- Make sure you wear socks which can absorb, like cotton fabric. Even if you wear synthetic fabric they should be breathable. If you are fed up of sweaty feet you can buy anti-bacterial socks which are easily available in the market.
Photo Courtesy : The Straits Times
- Baking soda- It is the magic ingredient in your kitchen. Baking soda helps in absorbing the moisture. So, dust baking soda in the shoes and get rid of sweat.
- Don’t wear same shoes everyday - If you have a favourite pair of shoes and you wear it daily, stop doing that. You should not wear the same pair of shoes on a daily basis as they need time to dry and reduce moisture so that bacteria don’t breed.
- Lemon- You can rub lemon on your feet and palm as this will prevent breeding of bacteria. Do this before going to bed every day.
- Lavender oil- Lavender oil can be used in the following way as it kills the bacteria and has an amazing fragrance. Mix 2 tbsp of lavender oil with warm water, soak your feet in the water for 20 minutes. Repeat this daily at least for a week. You can apply this on hands as well.