Home remedies to get rid of dark circles
Dark circles make you look sick, old and tired. They are caused due to stress, erratic working hours on laptops and desktops, not taking proper sleep and sometimes you can inherit dark circles too. Dark circles can also be caused due to oversleeping and exposure to the sun.
The skin under the eye is quite thin and the human body have tiny cells like a web under the skin during the process of cleaning some red blood cells break down and leave them into black and blue, which is visible on the face because the skin under the eye is thinnest.
You don’t need to spend hundreds or thousands for the treatment of dark circles, just go grab things from your kitchen.
- Tomato- Tomato has natural bleaching properties. Apply tomato juice on dark circles and let it rest for 10-15 minutes then rinse it off. Apply it twice a day for a week. Another option can be to drink tomato juice. Drink juice for 2-3 weeks and notice the visible change.
- Almond oil- Apply almond oil under your eyes and never see dark circles again. Mix almond oil with vitamin E oil as it has natural ingredients which lighten the dark circles.
- Rose water- Rose water rejuvenate and reduces dark circles, it soothes the skin which reduces the tiredness, which is also the reason for dark circles. Soak rose water in cotton pads and keep it on your eyes for 15 minutes. Repeat the procedure for 2-3 times daily for few weeks.
- Lemon juice- Lemon juice contains vitamin C which has skin lightening properties that reduce dark circle. Apply lemon juice with a cotton ball on dark circles for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Apply lemon juice 2-3 times daily.
- Raw potato- Potato has natural bleaching agent which lightens dark circles and excess puffiness around the eyes. Grate chilled potato to extract juice. Soak cotton pads in juice and keep it on dark circles. Keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse with water. Do this 2-3 times daily every week.
- Cucumber - We know that cucumber provides relaxation to eyes but, it also makes your dark circles less visible. The presence of mild and skin lightening astringent in cucumber makes dark circles less visible. Take two slices of cucumber, keep them on dark circles for 10 minutes. Wash face with water. Repeat twice a day for a week and see the visible changes.