Home remedies for dark elbows and knees
If you ever feel embarrassed to wear shorts, skirts in which your elbows are visible, reasons are dark elbows and knees. Some people may think that dark elbows and knees are because the person may not be taking proper care in terms of hygiene, but dark elbows and knees are caused when your knees and elbow is always in direct contact with hard floors. Genetics, obesity and dry skin may be other reasons.
Try the following remedies and get rid of dark elbows and knees:
Yoghurt honey- Yoghurt and honey help in hydrating the skin, and it also heals the dry skin.
- Take 3 tbsp yogurt and 1 tbsp honey make a paste.
- Keep it on knees or elbow for 20 minutes, skin should absorb the mixture.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Do it twice or thrice a week.
Glycerine- Glycerine helps in lightening the colour of the skin. It is sticky in nature so some people may find it irritating but will surely do wonders. Before going to sleep, apply it on your knees and elbows and keep it overnight. Follow this routine for one or two months and you will see the change.
Aloe vera- Aloe vera prevents the dryness as it provides moisture to the skin. Aloe vera also reduces the damage caused by the sun.
- Take fresh aloe vera juice.
- Apply it on elbows and knees for half an hour and wash it.
- Do it daily.
Baking soda- Baking soda reduces the darkness of the skin and milk works as a bleaching agent.
- 3 tbsp baking soda and 2 tbsp milk.
- Apply on knees and elbows, use it as the scrub.
- Repeat once in two days.
Turmeric, honey and milk- These all three have different properties and works as a miracle when used together. Turmeric is antiseptic in nature, honey provides moisture and milk works as a bleach.
- Mix turmeric, honey 2 tbsp, and milk 3 tbsp.
- Apply it over knees and elbows for 20 minutes.
- Rub it for 2 minutes by wet hands.
- Once or twice week.
Fruits with bleaching agent- Fruits which have bleaching properties will lighten the skin. Use fruits like, lemon and orange.
- Use lemon or orange juice and apply it over the dark areas. Rub the fruits well.
- You can use any fruit any day not necessary to stick to one fruit.
Olive oil- Olive oil softens the skin and it also lightens the dark colour because of the presence of a bleaching agent.
- Rub the warm olive oil for 10 minutes every day.
- You can easily get olive in a kitchen, you need not spend extra money for it.