Home remedies for baldness
Today’s lifestyle has become so hectic and stressful that it leads to hair thinning and eventually baldness. The sooner you seek care, the better the chances of successfully treating it. It's not as uncommon as you may think as many as 5 per cent of women under 30 and 60 per cent of those older than 70 are affected.
Home remedies for hair thinning and baldness
Fenugreek seeds and oil
- Fry a few fenugreek seeds in coconut oil for a few minutes.
- Strain this mixture and apply it in minimal amounts on your head.
- Rub it gently on your head so that it reaches the hair roots.
- Apply this mixture three to four times a week before bathing will help in preventing your hair from balding.
- Henna leaves have been used to treat hair loss and to give colour and shine to hair for ages in India.
- Boil henna leaves in mustard oil.
- Make this mixture cool and then mix the strained oil with the regular hair oil that you use. It would be better to mix this with coconut oil for better results.
- Apply on your scalp and hair twice or thrice a week to see effective results against baldness.
Curd and gram flour paste
- Mix two tablespoons of gram flour and two to three tablespoons of fresh curd properly to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and hair and keep it there for about an hour before bathing.
- Repeat this process three times a day to prevent hair fall and reduce baldness.
Honey mixed with olive oil
- Take two teaspoons of honey and add it in two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix them very well.
- Now add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix well with the honey and olive oil mixture.
- Apply this on the affected areas of your scalp, leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off. Repeat twice a week for 3 to 4 months to see effective results.
- Onions are found to be effective in treating patchy baldness.
- Cut white or red big onions in half and rub the open side on the affected area both in the morning and evening.
- Keep on rubbing till the area becomes red.
- Then rub the area with honey and repeat this process daily to see reduced baldness.
- Cut dry pieces of amla and boil it in good coconut oil.
- Let this mixture cool and then strain the mixture into an airtight bottle.
- Apply this oil on your head daily and leave it on your scalp for 15 minutes before bathing.
- This will help in enriching hair growth.
Lemon and peppercorns
- Take 8 to 10 peppercorns and seeds of seven to eight lemons and crush them together.
- Use this powder directly or you can also add a little water to make it a smooth paste and then apply it on your bald areas twice a day.
- Repeat for a few weeks and this remedy will help in improving blood circulation and stimulate hair growth.