Habits that make you age faster
Who doesn’t want to look young forever but the bitter truth of life is that eventually all of us start ageing. You may be leading a very normal and healthy life according to you but some of your habits may make you age faster.
- Alcohol – Drinking alcohol in excess take away the natural moisturiser from your skin. It aggravates fine lines, acne, and wrinkles, all of which instantly make you look older. Drinking less will let your liver work easily, flushing out toxins and impurities from your body, and when it works more efficiently, you'll see the results in your skin.
- Smoking - Smoking harms your health in many ways but smoking can also accelerate the aging ageings of your skin. The harmful chemicals in cigarette smoke chronically deprive your skin cells of oxygen, which can lead to pale, uneven colouring. It even triggers the breakdown of collagen and can cause lose skin. In fact, the whole process of smoking can cause deep wrinkles around the mouth.
- Sunbathing – Sunbathing may feel amazing, but, it is one of the worst things you can do to your skin. Besides the risk of cancer, excessive UV ray exposure weakens your skin cells and blood vessels, which causes that tanned, leathery look. It can even bring bruises on your skin.
- Not getting enough sleep – We have one night of bad sleep and whole next day we look super tired. So just imagine, how would it affect our skin if we have a wrong sleeping pattern. It can even lead to dark circles and bags under your eyes. Sleep deprivation can increase your cortisol level, which in turn can worsen inflammatory conditions. It can cause poor collagen formation, which leads to skin ageing.
- Stress – Nothing can affect our skin more than stress, anxiety, depression and worry. People having work-related stress had the shortest telomeres, causing cells to die or become damaged, which may speed up the aging process. Additionally, stress can age your brain too, increase your blood pressure, and disrupt your sleeping habits, all of which combined can make you look older.