Essential oils to relieve arthritis pain
- Jan 18 , 2017 1
Arthritis is a condition that mainly affects an individual’s joint causing pain and stiffness. Arthritis can lead to redness, swelling, and difficulties with maneuverability. Many of the treatment methods used for arthritis can lead to unwanted side-effects, which is why you may wish to try a natural alternative. Essential oils have a hugely beneficial effect and help to relieve arthritis pain due to their natural anti-inflammatory benefits.
10 essential oils for arthritis that really work:
- Peppermint oil: It helps reducing pain and inflammation. Peppermint oil has great anti-inflammatory benefits thanks to the presence of I-menthol. Add to that it's great anti-pain beneficial oil.
- Rosemary oil: Helps to promote good circulation. Rosemary oil ranks among the essential oil for arthritis as it has an abundance of anti-pain properties as well as anti-inflammatory benefits
- Marjoram oil: This oil helps in easing stiff and painful joints. Marjoram oil is highly beneficial in relieving joint pain with its calming and relaxing benefits. It can be used to deal with sprains, bruises, muscle spasms and stiff joints.
- Eucalyptus oil: Great for natural healing and circulatory movement. Eucalyptus oil works to dilute blood vessels, helping to promote an increase in circulation and assist the body’s natural healing process.
- Lavender oil: This oil is great for reducing dull aches and pains. Lavender is one of the great essential oils for arthritis treatment as it helps to promote circulation and the healthy flow of oxygen to muscles and joints, as well as encompassing many relaxing properties.
- Basil oil: Great for relieving pain. Basil has many natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic benefits making it useful in arthritis treatment.
- Cayenne pepper oil: It helps to relieve muscle and joint pain. Cayenne pepper oil helps to relieve arthritis pain by nullifying the effect of a neurotransmitter known as compound P.
- Menthol oil: Great for lessening inflamed joints and muscles. As a compound from other mint oils, menthol oil has natural aesthetic, anti-inflammatory, and counterirritant properties.
- Chamomile oil: It is a great oil for stimulating healthy circulation and detoxifying the blood. Both the German and the Roman chamomile plant have great anti- phlogistic and anti- rheumatic properties, meaning it helps to detoxify the blood.
- Birch essential oil: Great for reducing muscle, joint and bone discomfort. Birch oil is highly effective in treating arthritis due to its abundance of natural health benefits. Including anti- inflammatory, anti- spasmodic, antiseptic, disinfectant and astringent properties.