Dry fruits to eat during winters
Dry fruits are some of the healthiest alternatives to salty, fried snacks and a great way to satiate your cravings during winters. They also work to satisfy your sweet craving while providing you the much-needed nutrients, vitamins and heat in the winter chill.
Dry fruits are a quick and delicious way to derive energy during a busy day. No diet regime is complete without dry fruits as they are packed with various nutrients and essential fats. They also have a number of skin benefits and form a major ingredient of beauty products.
Winter are all set and giving a chill to everyone. Here are so dry fruits, we are mentioning in this article that will be a great help for you during winters:
- Dates - Dates are known for their speciality to fight with lung and oral cavity cancer and are quite popular for maintaining healthy skin among those who are skin conscious. They even help you stay warm, internally, during winters.
- Almonds - Fondly called the ‘king of dry fruits’, almonds are a powerhouse of essential fatty acids, fiber and protein. They are a great natural source of vitamin E, zinc and selenium. They are known to promote blood circulation, improve hemoglobin levels and reduce cholesterol and thereby, helping in the prevention of lung and breast cancer. Almonds are also very filling, making them the perfect snack item for your healthy diet plan. Almonds when used in face packs, leave your skin radiant and baby soft, even in severe dry winter days. You can make a paste of almonds with milk, apply onto your face for about 20 minutes and then wash off with water. They are also used in many medicines and almond oil is used for hair treatments.
- Fig - Figs are very popular because of their weight management characteristics and mostly people use this dry fruit for that purpose mentioned earlier. Figs, better known as Anjeer is packed with vitamin, mineral and fiber. Figs are a source of vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, manganese, sodium, iron, phosphorus and chlorine. They are also rich in potassium and help to control blood sugar. These are excellent for diabetic patients as they help to reduce the amount of insulin needed by diabetic patients. It helps in treatment of a wide range of diseases including constipation, indigestion, cough, bronchitis and asthma.
- Peaches – Peaches are also very helpful to get your skin from Winter’s dryness and you’ll be surprised by knowing that this very dry fruit is widely used in most of the cosmetics accessories.
- Walnut - Walnut has omega-3 fatty acid which is good for hair, especially when the weather becomes extremely dry. They are known to lower cholesterol, promote sleep and are good for skin and hair.
- Raisins - Raisins can help you to make your teeth whiter than before. This dry fruit can help you do make teeth not only whiter but also cavity free. Also it helps you keep warm preventing from winter chills.