Do you know how beneficial lemon is for your health?
- Jan 19 , 2017 1
Lemon as a citrus fruit has various health benefits we bet you are unaware of. Adding a few drops of lemon juice to your meals or even to plain water can add liveliness to your palate. Getting a reputation of a ‘swiss knife’ of herbal medicine it has a broad range of medicinal benefits as well.
Here are some benefits you need to be aware of:
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work against infections like flu and colds.
- Cleans your bowels: Lemons increase peristalsis in the bowels, helping to create a movement, thus eliminating waste and helping with regularity.
- Rich in alkaline: Lemons are acidic but are alkaline-forming on body fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
- Stimulant to your liver: Lemon is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons, which liquefies the bile.
- Rich in citric acid: Lemon juice helps to dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
- Neutralises free radicals linked to aging.
- Lemons have powerful antibacterial properties; lemon juice destroys the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid.
- Lemon is sour, warm promoter of gastric fire, light, good for vision.
- Blood vessels are strengthened: Vitamin P in lemon prevents internal haemorrhage. Also, making it useful for controlling high blood pressure.
- Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds: Lemon includes naturally occurring limonene; oil which slows or halts the growth of cancer tumours in animals.
- Lemon is the only food in the world that is anionic: This makes lemon extremely useful as it is the interaction between anions and cations that ultimately provides all cell energy.
- Lemons contain more potassium than apples or grapes, which is beneficial to the heart.
- Having lemon water in morning on an empty stomach is very effective on health. It is good for the joints. More effectively it helps in weight loss. Lemon water is beneficial for pregnant women because it is minerals-enriched.