Benefits of using rose water
Rose water is created by distilling rose petals, which result in aromatic liquid infused with oils and essence of the petals. Many commercially developed skin care products have already incorporated this garden favourite into their skin care products.
Let’s take a look at some of it uses:
- Rosewater as a facial toner: Most of the beauty products available in the market contain chemicals. Using these on a regular basis on your skin will make it dry. Rose water is a better and more natural alternative to these chemical-laden products. Apply chilled rose water on your skin with a soft cotton. Do this immediately after cleansing your face. Using rose water as a toner will help to naturally tone up your facial skin. It will close the open pores and make the skin give off a pleasant floral fragrance.
- Rose water to cure skin rashes caused due to sun exposure: Crush 10 to 15 Tulsi leaves and add it to 200ml of rose water. Store this liquid in a spray bottle and refrigerate. This water can be used as an after-sun body spray. Spray it over your body to help calm the skin.
- Rosewater as a lip stain: This is a very simple and DIY trick. Cut a beetroot into small pieces. Let it dry out in the sun. Grind it into a fine powder. Now add a teaspoon of rose water to this beetroot powder. Your lip pack is ready for use. Apply this evenly on your lips and wash it after 15 minutes. This pack instantly makes your lips soft and pink.
- Rosewater as moisturiser: Rose water has moisturising properties. To see best results, simply add a few drops of rosewater to your moisturiser before applying it.
- Rosewater for eyes: If you have tired, inflamed eyes- soak a cotton pad in chilled rose water and apply. It helps reduce puffiness under the eyes and get rid of redness.
- Rosewater for acne: Rose water helps treat acne as well. Simply add it as an ingredient in a cucumber and honey homemade face pack.