7 surprising benefits of drinking celery juice
- Jun 15 , 2017 2
Celery is scientifically called Apiaceae and it drives from the family of parsnips, fennel, and parsley, possessing in appearance or flavour some of those characteristics. Celery is an amazingly healthy vegetable as it is low in calories and high in water content. It is a great source of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B6, C, K, folate, potassium, manganese, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium. So, adding celery juice to your diet can be really beneficial for your health.
Let’s have a look at the benefits of celery juice:
- Weight loss – Drinking celery juice twice a day can curb your cravings for sweet and heavy foods. It is also low in calories, so it’s good for those who are on dieting. Plus, it is high in water content that will keep you hydrated and help in weight loss.
- Healthy kidney functioning – Celery juice allows kidneys to function normally as it eliminates toxins from the body.
- Stones - The potassium and sodium in celery juice helps to regulate body fluid and stimulate urine production, making it a great help in getting rid of excess fluid. This is why it prevents the formation of kidney stones, urinary stones, and gall bladder stones.
Photo Courtesy: Dr. Axe
- Inflammation – Celery juice is good for those who suffer from inflammation like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, asthma, and bronchitis. This is because of the availability of polyacetylene in it.
- Tummy troubles – The minerals available in celery juice balances the pH level of body’s blood and keep acidity at bay. The natural laxative properties help those who suffer from constipation.
- High blood pressure and cholesterol – Sodium available in celery juice is helpful in bringing high blood pressure to normal. It contains phtalides that help in relaxing the muscles around arteries, dilating the vessels and allowing blood to flow normally. It also keeps cholesterol in control. Drinking celery juice once a day will keep your high BP in control.
- Treats insomnia – The alkaline minerals available in celery juice relaxes the nervous system, followed by a healthy sleep.