10 home remedies for bad breath
The easiest way to embarrass yourself publically is having a bad breath. When you see people turning away while you talk to them – keep your palm close to your mouth and inhale the breath you blow out. You will be the best judge yourself.
Before acknowledging the remedies it is important to know what the causes of bad breath are…
- Bad dental hygiene is one of the main reason of bad breath.
- Food that contains strong pungent seasoning with onions and garlic.
- Constipation and an upset stomach also cause bad breath.
- Gum diseases
Here are 10 home remedies that will help you cure your bad breath:
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day.
- Floss teeth well. Massage the gums and the tongue with the toothbrush or use a tongue cleaner.
- Mixing a pinch of baking soda to your toothpaste can help you keep away the bad breath.
- Gargle with warm salt water at least three times a day.
- Mix ½ teaspoon salt with 1 tablespoon of mustard oil and massage your gums with it. This will tighten your gums and prevent gum disease and keep away bad breath.
- Brush directly after eating food that has cheese, onion or garlic in it.
- Dilute the ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and use it as a mouthwash.
- Eating an orange, lemon or grapefruit is an interesting way of fighting bad breath as the acid in the fruit stops the formation of bacteria.
- Drink a cup of unsweetened black tea, as this also helps remove the mouth bacteria.
- Chewing fresh mint leaves or parsley leaves is one of the best- known remedies for bad breath.