This is what you should not to eat if you have sinus
- Feb 04 , 2017 2
If you are a sinus patient then you may be a sufferer of several other problems like a headache, stuffy nose, allergies and nasal problem. You have to be very careful with what you eat because food products help in boosting energy and reduce inflammation all over the body. A sinus infection can lead to acidity so people need to take the alkaline diet.
Food products you need to avoid:
- Caffeine- caffeinated products should be avoided like tea and coffee, as they affect the adrenal gland. Caffeine also increases acidity.
- Dairy products- dairy products are the source of calcium for our body but if you are a sinus patient then you should eat dairy products’ substitutes such as green leafy vegetables, seaweed. Dairy products can be the cause of sinus if consumed in inappropriate ratio.
- Fruit juice-avoid drinking fruit juice especially canned fruit juice because it contains preservatives and carbohydrates which may be harmful during infection. Eating fruits is a good option rather than drinking juice.
- Salt-salt should be taken in minimal quantity as salt can increase water in the tissues which can lead to expulsion of calcium from the body.
- Baked products-baked products such as cakes, pies should not be consumed by a sinus sufferer, as baked products are made up of refined flour and sweets which make the growth of fungus, which can be the cause of sinus infection.
- Chocolates- chocolate has high sugar content which leads to swelling in the nasal passage due to an allergic reaction. Chocolate contains phenylethylamine and some people are allergic to it.
- Fragmented food- products like mayonnaise, mustard should be avoided as they imbalance the ph level of the body and it is necessary to maintain the ph level of the body.
- Sodas or aerated drinks-soda or aerated drinks increases the acidity and they directly attack the stomach.
- Fried food
- White flour
- Meat and meat products
- White sugar