Health benefits of saffron
- Feb 06 , 2017 1
Saffron is a member of lily plant and is known as ‘Kesar’ in India. Saffron is an expensive spice which adds aroma and flavour to the food. It has become popular all around the world not only because of the flavour but for its medicinal properties also.
Here are the health benefits of saffron:
- Protection from cold and flu- change of weather makes you unwell, fever and cold easily catches you. Saffron saves you from fever and cold as it maintains the body temperature. Take a pinch of saffron with milk and you will feel the relief.
- Memory retention- if a person starts losing memory because of age then saffron helps in retaining the memory. Saffron also combats with other mental problems like depression and stress.
- Wounds and scars-saffron have a great healing property. Apply saffron with milk on scars and wounds and you will see the effective result.
- Heart disease and blood pressure- saffron has the good quantity of potassium which helps in maintaining blood pressure and does not let heart disease arise.
- Weight loss-Add saffron to your diet plan as it enhances serotonin which helps in losing weight as it suppresses the appetite.
- Sexual health -women should consume saffron during their menstruation days as it combats with cramps. Men can also use saffron to improve their fertility.
- Treats acne-saffron has anti-bacterial properties which help in treating acne as saffron cleans the bacteria which cause acne and pimple.
- Helps in hair growth- if you are losing your hair more than 100 strands per day then you should try saffron. It is not possible to apply saffron directly on your hair; you should take saffron with milk or food products which will stimulate hair growth.
- Glowing skin -if you wish to have a healthy skin then saffron strands are for you. Apply saffron and milk mixture on your face for 5-10 minutes and you will get a glowing skin.