Homeopathy and its benefits
Homeopathy is a system of complementary medicine in which ailments are treated by minute doses of natural substances that in larger amounts would produce symptoms of the ailment. Homeopathy is a science that stimulates the individual’s body to correct imbalances, eliminate waste and maintain equilibrium in the body by means of preparations which facilitate the process of self-cure and enable the body to heal itself by following the laws of nature.
When a malfunction occurs in the body, disease and illness sets in and adjustments must be made at various levels. Most conventional medicine replaces the malfunctioning part, thus only temporarily relieving the problem and causing side-effects in the process. Homeopathic preparations, on the other hand, act to direct and realign the vital forces of the body, thus fine-tuning the essential balance within the individual. Homeopathic remedies are prepared by making a tincture from seeds, bark, roots, minerals and other elements, then diluting this mixture with distilled water and alcohol, then shaking and diluting further to potentialise the remedy.
Benefits of Homeopathy
- It can be used by pregnant women.
- It can be used by children and infants.
- It does not interfere with other medications.
- If an incorrect remedy is selected, it is completely safe and will not harm the person at all.
- Other than occasional, mild, and short-lived symptoms which pass quickly and tend to be followed by improvements in the symptoms of a person, there are no side-effects of homeopathic remedies. This symptom aggravation is actually regarded by homeopaths as a sign that the correct homeopathic remedy has been selected and usually results in symptom improvements. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions.
- It is an individualised system of medicine which treats the person, not merely the symptoms. The symptoms, however, are addressed when using this approach and are typically improved.
- Homeopathy is a holistic approach to healing: one that involves the body, mind, emotions, and spirit of the person being treated.
- Homeopathic remedies are readily available and can, therefore, be used by anyone.
- Homeopathic remedies are typically inexpensive and therefore provide an affordable approach to healing.
- Homeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time.
- Homeopathic medicine is non-invasive.