Asthma can also be cured with Ayurveda
- Jan 31 , 2017 1
In Ayurveda, asthma is termed as ‘swhas rog’ and cures it by home remedies or herbal supplements. Ayurveda strictly believes in prevention is better than cure.
So, here are a few treatments which can help in curing asthma:
- Massage- massage the chest and the back of the patient with til oil or make a kadha. Mix saunth powder, kali Mirch, tulsi, and kala namak, boil the mixture and drink it. This will provide relief to the patient during attacks.
- Panchkarma- for many people Ayurveda is all about panchakarma but that is not true, it has many other treatments as well. Yes, panchakarma will help people curing asthma if they are at initial level.
- Honey- Take a saucer filled with honey, heat it and then inhale the honey. This will give relief to the patient.
- Liquid intake- increase the number of liquid that you take because you feel a little dry. So drink water or juice on regular intervals.
- Medicines- there are medicines in Ayurveda like swaskuthar ras, sitopaladi chooran, vaasavleha and much more. Keep in mind that these Ayurveda medicines will not have any harmful effect.
- Herbs- there are many herbs which helps in curing the disease like Elecampane, Mullein, Thyme, Black Pepper, Flax seed, Ginger, Manna, Myrrh.
- Ginger and garlic- consuming ginger and garlic in any form is always beneficial. For the best result extract the juice and take it with honey. This reduce the severity of asthma.